As a leading IT M&A firm, martinwolf monitors the latest trends and developments in the middle market IT space. Our executives routinely develop commentaries, blogs and white papers about M&A and game-changing developments within the verticals of IT Services, BPO, SaaS, Managed Services, Cloud and Supply Chain.
Big Data is Here to Stay
Tim Mueller, Principal
- Big data is no passing fad—IT spending on big data will be in excess of $34 billion globally in 2013.
- In the first 10 days of January, there were at least six acquisitions of big data companies providing a preview of what to expect in the coming year.
To Be or Not to Be?
- Institutional growth investments are not always the right choice for small business owners, but they can have a strong positive impact on a business.
- Owners must ask what their priorities and their investors' priorities are, and ensure that the two are alligned.
The MW IT Index® in 2012, A Retrospective
Yousif Abdura, Senior Analyst
- Cloud was the main focus of 2012, but it has yet to reach its full potential as an industry sector.
- All three geographies will face unique challenges moving forward—and their ability to adapt to the changing landscape is critical to their success.
IT in India: Reforms and Improving Economy Spark Brighter Outlook
- New, business-friendly government policies and increasing domestic demand suggest a strong year for the Indian economy—and, with it, the $100 billion IT Services industry.
- By expanding their global presence, Indian IT providers can drive synergies and innovation while recruiting talent that is closer to their clients.
An Interview with Neusoft CEO Dr. Jiren Liu
- The Chinese IT outsourcing market "has great potential," and it will be further boosted by China's transformation towards a sustainable economy.
- Indian IT companies hold historical and language-based advantages, but Chinese companies have the luxury of a large domestic market and growing international demand due to globalization.