As a leading IT M&A firm, martinwolf monitors the latest trends and developments in the middle market IT space. Our executives routinely develop commentaries, blogs and white papers about M&A and game-changing developments within the verticals of IT Services, BPO, SaaS, Managed Services, Cloud and Supply Chain.
Key Trends and Critical Insights in Cross-Border IT M&A
In this presentation to IT industry leaders in Bangalore at the IT Enterprise Value Summit in September 2013, Marty Wolf gave an overview of the Indian IT market covering the following key points:
- Size (still) matters
- Smart M&A is a key differentiator
- Global demand for repeatable solutions especially those with Intellectual Property
- Global delivery and hyper-competition cannibalize traditional IT services and continue to put margins under pressure, yet bring higher operating margin potential and more leveragable delivery models
- Chinese companies are consolidating. They will keep taking more share in the IT Services market supported by strong domestic demand
- Legacy software companies shifting into SaaS
An Interview with Neusoft CEO Dr. Jiren Liu
- The Chinese IT outsourcing market "has great potential," and it will be further boosted by China's transformation towards a sustainable economy.
- Indian IT companies hold historical and language-based advantages, but Chinese companies have the luxury of a large domestic market and growing international demand due to globalization.
Big Data is Here to Stay
Tim Mueller, Principal
- Big data is no passing fad—IT spending on big data will be in excess of $34 billion globally in 2013.
- In the first 10 days of January, there were at least six acquisitions of big data companies providing a preview of what to expect in the coming year.
The MW IT Index® in 2012, A Retrospective
Yousif Abdura, Senior Analyst
- Cloud was the main focus of 2012, but it has yet to reach its full potential as an industry sector.
- All three geographies will face unique challenges moving forward—and their ability to adapt to the changing landscape is critical to their success.