The neighbors are having a party and we're not invited:
May 2013 Edition
2013 has been a great year for the Dow. As of May 14, it's up 16.11 percent, having hit a series of all-time highs and closing at 15,215.25. But as a general market indicator, what does the Dow mean for IT companies, especially those in the sectors we serve: IT Services and Business Process Outsourcing, IT Supply Chain, Software and SaaS?
In our latest issue of Valuation & Deal Insights, we examine this question in detail in three different articles. We also provide an update on SaaS valuation trends, overall M&A activity in the first quarter of 2013 in the United States, and cross-border M&A activity in India and China over the past 10 years.
In addition, we continue our Executive Perspective series with an interview with Tim Crown, Co-Founder and Chairman of Insight Enterprises. Insight began as a hard drive reseller in 1988 and has grown into a global IT solutions provider with 2012 revenue of $5.3 billion and operations in 23 countries. Tim offers his thoughts on the Dow and shares valuable lessons he's learned through Insight's several cross-border acquisitions in recent years.
The following articles are featured in this issue:
- Executive Perspective with Tim Crown
- Viewpoint by Marty Wolf: The Neighbors are Having a Party and We're Not Invited
- Out of Favor with Public Markets, Mid Market IT Companies Look to M&A and Private Equity, by Tim Mueller
- The Dow and the MW IT Index: Different Stories, by Walter Yoon
- SaaS Valuations: The Value of Growth, by Sunil Grover
- Q1 2013: A Promising Start to a New Year in the United States, by Geoff Rhizor
- Indian IT Cross-Border M&A: An Update, by Gaurav Sharma
- Chinese IT Cross-Border M&A: An Update, by Hao He
Being aware of current trends in cloud computing helps ensure your company is well-positioned to take advantage of them.
The MW Valuation and Deal Insights® is a quarterly newsletter that tracks M&A activities in the following industries: IT, IT-Enabled Outsourced Services, IT Supply Chain Services, and SaaS. Members of our team contribute meaningful comments on topics in M&A and in our areas of expertise.
For the previous issue of MW VDI®, focusing on a year in review, click here.