decor decor
"Change before you have to."

-Jack Welch

iSoftStone Announces Definitive Agreement for Going Private

martinwolf Transaction Analysis

Financial Overview

  • Transaction Size: $426.4 million
  • Enterprise Value: $413.2 million
  • EV/LTM Revenue: 1.0x 
  • EV/LTM EBITDA: 16.2x

Transaction Facts  

  • On April 18, iSoftStone (NYSE:ISS) CEO and Chairman Tianwen Liu announced a definitive agreement to acquire a 78.1% stake in iSoftStone Holdings for $5.70 per American depository share from its current investors and shareholders. Liu and the buyer group he represents already owns the remaining 21.9% stake in the company.
  • The agreed-upon price represents a premium of 17.8% over iSoftStone’s closing price on June 5, 2013, the last day before the company announced Liu’s first take-private proposal, and a premium of 11.5% over the company’s closing price before the agreement was announced.
  • Liu first proposed a full acquisition of iSoftStone on June 6, 2013, but the offer was revised after lower than expected performance.

Privatization Wave Continues Among Chinese Leaders

  • Joining Peers In Private Reform: With this definitive agreement, iSoftStone joins peers Pactera and AsiaInfo-Linkage in turning to privatization as a means of effecting a necessary transformation in their business without quarterly supervision.
  • Pivoting to Meet Changing Demand: iSoftStone, an IT services and solutions provider, recognizes the need to cater to a changing market demand by addressing growing global demand for cloud and big data solutions.
  • Market Supports Privatization Move: Since iSoftstone first announced their take-private plans in June 2013, their share price jumped up and remained at a level close to the proposed acquisition price despite a recent sharp downturn in most Chinese technology stocks – showing a consistent confidence by the market in the success of the transaction.

For more information, read the press release here.

 

martinwolf was not the advisor in this transaction.

previous post Back to Articles next post

02 Aug 2021

TowerBrook Capital Partners Makes Strategic Investment in EisnerAmper LLP

Transaction Details TowerBrook Capital Partners, an international investment management firm, has made a strategic investment in EisnerAmper, one of the largest professional services firms in the world, offering premier accounting, tax and business advisory services. The firm will now operate two divisions: EisnerAmper LLP, a licensed CPA firm, will provide attest services; and Eisner Advisory Group LLC,...

16 Jul 2021

Platinum Equity Acquires Ingram Micro

*Financial Information ($USD) Enterprise Value:         $7.2 Billion EV/FY20 Revenue:      0.15x Transaction Details Platinum Equity announced that it has completed the acquisition of Ingram Micro Inc. from HNA Group. Ingram Micro’s total enterprise value in the transaction was $7.2 billion, including $5.9 billion in equity value Ingram will retain CEO Alain Monié and...

13 May 2021

NWN Corp. Acquires Carousel Industries

Financial Information ($USD) Not Disclosed Transaction Details NWN Corporation, a leading Cloud Communications Service Provider (CCSP), announced yesterday that it will acquire fellow solutions provider Carousel Industries. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. New State Capital Partners, majority stakeholder of NWN since 2015, is backing the transaction which will form a combined company...