"I firmly believe that success lies in the combination of both talent and business savvy, and that the magic comes through partnership between both."
KPMG Acquires Zanett Commercial Solutions
martinwolf Transaction Analysis
Financials Not Disclosed
- KPMG, a leading audit, tax and advisory firm, has acquired healthcare IT technology consulting firm Zanett Commercial Solutions.
- This is the latest in a string of technology-focused acquisitions for KPMG, which acquired digital and mobile technology business Cynergy Systems in Feb. 2014, data management company Link Analytics in Dec. 2013, The Hackett Group’s ERP practice in March 2013 and implementation services provider Optimum Solutions in Oct. 2011.
- Zanett, which voluntarily de-listed from NASDAQ in Sept. 2011, describes themselves on their website as “a $50+ million technology services industry leader.”
Consolidation Continues in Hot Space
- A Thinning Field: This acquisition eliminates another Oracle partner as leading global consulting firms continue to snap up proven technology consulting services providers. Recent examples of this trend include Accenture’s acquisition of Enkitec, Velocity’s acquisition of Titan and EY’s acquisition of Five Point.
- Closing In on the Top: Combined with the capabilities it gained from acquiring The Hackett Group’s ERP practice and Optimum Solutions, KPMG continues to close in on Oracle’s top-tier Diamond Partner status, which Accenture already has.
- Adding to the War Chest: IT consulting in the healthcare sector has strong growth prospects in the wake of the Affordable Care Act – and by proactively acquiring Zanett, KPMG is best positioning itself to take advantage of future demand. This follows a spree of Big 4 firms augmenting existing IT practices in key service areas and verticals, including Enkitec for its engineered systems experience and BPM player Safira acquired by KPMG earlier this month.
For more information, view the press release by clicking here.